Family Owned & Operated Since 1984
Redefining Everyday Essentials
Discover our collection of beautifully- designed leather essentials. Each piece embodies a bohemian aesthetic, breezy attitude, and independent spirit.
After three decades of working with leather, we've created heirloom-quality pieces that ripen with age. We hand-select each hide and use a unique blend of natural dyes so the natural character of each leather shines through.
Each Latico bag is handmade with love by talented artisans throughout South America and India. We're passionate about environmental sustainability and giving back — our leathers are byproducts of the meat and dairy industry that would otherwise go to waste.
Additionally, we donate 10 meals to Feeding America for every purchase made on our website. Thanks to our loyal customers, we've been able to donate 100,000 meals and counting to this incredible organization.
What Sets Us Apart
Crafted from 100% Genuine Leather
Affordable & Environmentally Conscious
About Our Founders
Founder and CEO Paul Schreiber started Latico Leathers fresh out of college in 1984. He began selling leather goods out of his trunk in NYC, and soon enough, specialty boutiques in Greenwich Village couldn't keep his merchandise in stock. Bands like the Grateful Dead eventually became fans of his genuine leather bags, and Latico grew into its identity as a leather goods company with a rock and roll twist.
Paul met his wife Lainie — an uptown girl with a New York fashion background — and the two launched a celebrated women’s line. The unique artisan linings, unexpected leather treatments, and extensive interior organization created during that time would come to define Latico’s signature style.
Today, our customers refer to us as their “one-stop shop” for quality leather goods. In fact, over 80% of our business comes from repeat customers. We can’t thank you enough for your ongoing support!
"Just as we've demonstrated our success in designing and manufacturing quality investment pieces, we've also achieved a high level of customer satisfaction by listening and responding to our loyal customers."
- Paul & Lainie Schreiber, Founders of Latico Leathers
30k+ 5-Star Reviews
Free US Shipping
2020 Handbag Award
Responsibly Sourced Leather
- Robin A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 45 - 54Standouts Buttery Soft Leather, Lightweight, High-Quality LeatherRated 4 starsLove the bag, but it's a little smaller than I'd hoped.
This bag arrived exactly as described . . . dimensions, etc. But for some reason, it looks so much bigger on the model than it does on me. I'm 5'5" and 137 pounds, for reference. I wish the opening were a couple of inches larger for ease in reaching in and out of the bag. Also, something I didn't consider was the placement of the credit card slots. It'd be. nice if they were on the opposite side of the bag's interior, facing towards the wearer. That way, when looking down into the bag, the wearer would be able to view their card selection at a glance. As it is, the cards are all against the body, facing away from the wearer. Yeah, yeah, I know . . . flip the purse to the other side to solve the issue, but then the exterior pocket side would be facing inward, brushing against the body, and the smooth side (the back) would be facing outward. I don't know . . . just a little change to the interior could make a big difference in this bag. :-)
- Sandie Y.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64Standouts High-Quality Leather, Buttery Soft Leather, Keeps Me Organized, Thoughtful Design, DurableRated 5 starsI Love this Bag!
This bag is the perfect size to keep me from carrying too much! All of my day to day essentials fit perfectly with plenty of room to spare. The quality is beautiful and the leather is soft and supple but sturdy for daily use. I also purchased a beautiful wallet that I LOVE and obsessively window shopping for a tote. Latico products are gorgeous!
- Shelly M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64Standouts Buttery Soft Leather, Lightweight, Thoughtful Design, Multi-Functional, Keeps Me OrganizedRated 5 starsLove the soft leather
I love my Alva Crossbody. I admit it caught my eye because my grandfather’s name was Alva! But I love the extremely soft leather. The purse is light-weight and has 2 zipper pockets, 5 card holders and a slip in cell phone pocket. All ‘have to haves’ for me.
- lessVerified ReviewerI recommend this productAge Range 45 - 54Standouts High-Quality Leather, Lightweight, Multi-FunctionalRated 5 starslove this bag - please bring more colors
I got this bag for Xmas and was instantly in love with it.
Hope you have light beige color by the summer - I would love to get another Alva for summer.
- Tylene S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 65+Standouts High-Quality Leather, Thoughtful Design, Buttery Soft Leather, Keeps Me Organized, LightweightRated 5 starsAdorable Bag
This is a small bag with lots of pockets to hold everything I need. It's super soft and lightweight.