Family Owned & Operated Since 1984
Redefining Everyday Essentials
Discover our collection of beautifully- designed leather essentials. Each piece embodies a bohemian aesthetic, breezy attitude, and independent spirit.
After three decades of working with leather, we've created heirloom-quality pieces that ripen with age. We hand-select each hide and use a unique blend of natural dyes so the natural character of each leather shines through.
Each Latico bag is handmade with love by talented artisans throughout South America and India. We're passionate about environmental sustainability and giving back — our leathers are byproducts of the meat and dairy industry that would otherwise go to waste.
Additionally, we donate 10 meals to Feeding America for every purchase made on our website. Thanks to our loyal customers, we've been able to donate 100,000 meals and counting to this incredible organization.
What Sets Us Apart
Crafted from 100% Genuine Leather
Affordable & Environmentally Conscious
About Our Founders
Founder and CEO Paul Schreiber started Latico Leathers fresh out of college in 1984. He began selling leather goods out of his trunk in NYC, and soon enough, specialty boutiques in Greenwich Village couldn't keep his merchandise in stock. Bands like the Grateful Dead eventually became fans of his genuine leather bags, and Latico grew into its identity as a leather goods company with a rock and roll twist.
Paul met his wife Lainie — an uptown girl with a New York fashion background — and the two launched a celebrated women’s line. The unique artisan linings, unexpected leather treatments, and extensive interior organization created during that time would come to define Latico’s signature style.
Today, our customers refer to us as their “one-stop shop” for quality leather goods. In fact, over 80% of our business comes from repeat customers. We can’t thank you enough for your ongoing support!
"Just as we've demonstrated our success in designing and manufacturing quality investment pieces, we've also achieved a high level of customer satisfaction by listening and responding to our loyal customers."
- Paul & Lainie Schreiber, Founders of Latico Leathers
Free US Shipping
Handbag Designer Award
NJ Family Business
30k+ 5-Star Reviews
- Marlene S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64Standouts High-Quality Leather, Thoughtful Design, Buttery Soft Leather, Multi-Functional, StylishRated 5 out of 5 starsBeautiful bag!
Love this East-west cross body bag! Fits everything I need on the day-to-day without looking too cumbersome.
Delicious denim color and leather. Lots of pockets. Perfect strap length. This is my second Latico bag and will not be last! Thank you !!
- ElizabethVerified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 45 - 54Standouts Stylish, Buttery Soft Leather, Thoughtful DesignRated 5 out of 5 starsPerfection!
This is the perfect bag. I had been looking for a new purse for over a month and couldn't find anything that was the right size and style. This was exactly what I was looking for, not too big, not too small, lots of pockets in all the right places, a gorgeous color, Goldilocks herself wouldn't be able to find a flaw. Highly recommend, I will definitely be purchasing from this company again!
- Natalie S.Verified ReviewerI recommend this productAge Range 18 - 24Standouts High-Quality Leather, Durable, Buttery Soft Leather, Multi-Functional, StylishRated 5 out of 5 starsLOVE LOVE LOVE & LOVE!!
I can NOT stress enough how amazing this bag is! As someone who’s on the go all the time to and from work, this bag has been a life saver on my commutes. I commute on the train & I can store absolutely everything I need (including my lunch) in it :) Not only that, but the leather & craftsmanship is very well done & super high quality. You really can never go wrong with a Latico bag, especially their Gita bag!
- Dale Ann A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 45 - 54Standouts Buttery Soft Leather, Lightweight, Keeps Me Organized, High-Quality Leather, Thoughtful DesignRated 5 out of 5 starsLeather is amazing!
I love this bag! The leather is soft and obvious good quality, the pockets are great and its a perfect size! My only complaint was the shoulder strap, it was not removable and way too long. I took it to a local leather shop and had it cut off and made to desired length. I wish you would offer multiple sizes of straps so we could just purchase what we wanted, different thicknesses and lengths..every womans dream! Thank you for a great purse!
- Paul S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 65+Standouts Buttery Soft Leather, Stylish, Lightweight, Keeps Me OrganizedRated 5 out of 5 starsMy Gita Purchase!
It's a beautiful bag! It has just the right amount of room and is full of organizational amenities. The color was perfect to go with my Easter Outfit too!