Family Owned & Operated Since 1984
Redefining Everyday Essentials
Discover our collection of beautifully- designed leather essentials. Each piece embodies a bohemian aesthetic, breezy attitude, and independent spirit.
After three decades of working with leather, we've created heirloom-quality pieces that ripen with age. We hand-select each hide and use a unique blend of natural dyes so the natural character of each leather shines through.
Each Latico bag is handmade with love by talented artisans throughout South America and India. We're passionate about environmental sustainability and giving back — our leathers are byproducts of the meat and dairy industry that would otherwise go to waste.
Additionally, we donate 10 meals to Feeding America for every purchase made on our website. Thanks to our loyal customers, we've been able to donate 100,000 meals and counting to this incredible organization.
What Sets Us Apart
Crafted from 100% Genuine Leather
Affordable & Environmentally Conscious
About Our Founders
Founder and CEO Paul Schreiber started Latico Leathers fresh out of college in 1984. He began selling leather goods out of his trunk in NYC, and soon enough, specialty boutiques in Greenwich Village couldn't keep his merchandise in stock. Bands like the Grateful Dead eventually became fans of his genuine leather bags, and Latico grew into its identity as a leather goods company with a rock and roll twist.
Paul met his wife Lainie — an uptown girl with a New York fashion background — and the two launched a celebrated women’s line. The unique artisan linings, unexpected leather treatments, and extensive interior organization created during that time would come to define Latico’s signature style.
Today, our customers refer to us as their “one-stop shop” for quality leather goods. In fact, over 80% of our business comes from repeat customers. We can’t thank you enough for your ongoing support!
"Just as we've demonstrated our success in designing and manufacturing quality investment pieces, we've also achieved a high level of customer satisfaction by listening and responding to our loyal customers."
- Paul & Lainie Schreiber, Founders of Latico Leathers
Open-weave leather Brigitte is the little sister to our Greta Bag. Lightweight, luxe leather carry-all tote/workbag perfect for warm weather days.
- Woven leather and canvas combination, Handcrafted by artisans in South America and India
- Every hide is unique so you will notice natural variations in the grain texture and shading which are hallmarks of high-quality.
- Can accommodate up to 16" laptop
- Canvas web straps-6 1/2” center drop
- Interior features magnetic snap closure
- Interior canvas zip pouch on a detachable leash
- For larger version, see Greta + Greta Tie Dye
- Dimensions: 13.5"H x 6.5"D x 17"L
- Latico handcrafts timeless leather goods that get better with age and wear. A signature sheen and antiquing effect called patina is formed over time by simply being worn, exposed to the elements or handled.
Free Standard US Shipping on Every Order. Upgraded Shipping options available like UPS Ground, Two Day, and next day.
We do our best to ship within 2 business days (excluding holiday closures) -- Orders are processed and shipped from New Jersey. We accept returns within 30 days.
30k+ 5-Star Reviews
Free US Shipping
2020 Handbag Award
Best Designer Worldwide
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING...
- FKR427Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 45 - 54Standouts High-Quality Leather, Durable, Stylish, Multi-Functional, LightweightRated 5 starsLove this bag
Let me start by saying I do love this bag but the picture of the black is deceiving. I thought it was a metallic black which made me fall in love immediately. When I received it and saw that it was just a regular black, I was like Oh OK. Nevertheless, I love the versatility of this bag so this is why I gave it 5 stars.Was this helpful?
- SusanVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 starsHappy With My Purchase
Im very, very happy with my purchase! The bag is beautifully made and of excellent quality. It looks even better in person!Was this helpful?
- NancieVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 starsWe Love It!
They are high quality, and my sister absolutely LOVES them!Was this helpful?
- MyrandaVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 starsGood Quality Bag
The size, weight, appearance, and quality are very good. I'm especially pleased that it appears timeless, as this is far outside my normal price range for a bag and I will need to carry it for years to come.Was this helpful?
- BethVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 starsSoft And Supple Leather
The leather is surprisingly soft and supple, yet feels strong. I'll purchase from this shop again for sure!Was this helpful?