Family Owned & Operated Since 1984
Mason Shoulder Bag/Crossbody
Redefining Everyday Essentials
Discover our collection of beautifully- designed leather essentials. Each piece embodies a bohemian aesthetic, breezy attitude, and independent spirit.
After three decades of working with leather, we've created heirloom-quality pieces that ripen with age. We hand-select each hide and use a unique blend of natural dyes so the natural character of each leather shines through.
Each Latico bag is handmade with love by talented artisans throughout South America and India. We're passionate about environmental sustainability and giving back — our leathers are byproducts of the meat and dairy industry that would otherwise go to waste.
Additionally, we donate 10 meals to Feeding America for every purchase made on our website. Thanks to our loyal customers, we've been able to donate 100,000 meals and counting to this incredible organization.
What Sets Us Apart
Crafted from 100% Genuine Leather
Affordable & Environmentally Conscious
About Our Founders
Founder and CEO Paul Schreiber started Latico Leathers fresh out of college in 1984. He began selling leather goods out of his trunk in NYC, and soon enough, specialty boutiques in Greenwich Village couldn't keep his merchandise in stock. Bands like the Grateful Dead eventually became fans of his genuine leather bags, and Latico grew into its identity as a leather goods company with a rock and roll twist.
Paul met his wife Lainie — an uptown girl with a New York fashion background — and the two launched a celebrated women’s line. The unique artisan linings, unexpected leather treatments, and extensive interior organization created during that time would come to define Latico’s signature style.
Today, our customers refer to us as their “one-stop shop” for quality leather goods. In fact, over 80% of our business comes from repeat customers. We can’t thank you enough for your ongoing support!
"Just as we've demonstrated our success in designing and manufacturing quality investment pieces, we've also achieved a high level of customer satisfaction by listening and responding to our loyal customers."
- Paul & Lainie Schreiber, Founders of Latico Leathers
Sister to our signature Bianca bag, multi-functional Mason can be worn hand-held or with a strap. Made with buttery-soft leather, the top handles feature hand-crafted leather stitch details (our favorite, elevate-the-experience, kind of detail)! Multiple pockets for storage, hidden phone pocket, + complete organizer makes this heirloom quality bag perfect for your everyday.
- 100% Full-grain leather handcrafted by artisans in South America and India.
- Every hide is unique so you will notice natural variations in the grain texture and shading which are hallmarks of high-quality.
- (2) top handles with hand woven detail-4” drop and 3/4” wide adjustable crossbody strap-30” max: 15” min drop
- Hand crafted stitch detail on handles
- Recessed top zip entry
- Exterior features 3 zip pockets and cell phone pocket.
- Interior features 2 open pockets and organizer:3 pen holders, 4 credit card slots, slip pocket and zip pocket
- Fabric lining
Dimensions: 11.5”H x 4.5”D x 13”L
- Latico handcrafts timeless leather goods that get better with age and wear. A signature sheen and antiquing effect called patina is formed over time by simply being worn, exposed to the elements or handled.
Free Standard US Shipping on Every Order. Upgraded Shipping options available like UPS Ground, Two Day, and next day.
We do our best to ship within 2 business days (excluding holiday closures) -- Orders are processed and shipped from New Jersey. We accept returns within 30 days.
30k+ 5-Star Reviews
Free US Shipping
2020 Handbag Award
Best Designer Worldwide
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING...
- Mary M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64Standouts High-Quality Leather, Durable, Buttery Soft Leather, Thoughtful Design, Multi-FunctionalRated 5 starsMason Shoulder Bag
It is the most luxurious leather I have ever purchased and I have purchased many handbags.
Perfect size as well. Love my Latico handbag!! There will be more in my future for sure. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Was this helpful?
- Laura H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 65+Standouts Buttery Soft Leather, Multi-Functional, StylishRated 5 starsThis is a great bag
At first I thought it might be too small but it’s perfect everything fits helps keep me organized I love how soft the leather is in the details on the handles.
I like these bags so much I’ve already ordered my second one.Was this helpful?
- Karen M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64Standouts High-Quality Leather, Thoughtful Design, StylishRated 5 starsLives up to the hype
Gorgeous bag, exactly as pictured. Big but not bulky. Pockets are great for organization. The leather is as promised: soft, richly colored, beautiful grain. The smell was initially on the strong side but has faded over a week of use. Love it.Was this helpful?
- Amy L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 45 - 54Standouts Buttery Soft Leather, Lightweight, StylishRated 5 starsBetter than expected!
This was my first purchase from Latigo, so I was a little nervous. But this is such a soft, buttery leather! It was a smidge smaller than I expected, but everything fits in it with ease. It smells amazing, looks gorgeous, and I’m so happy with it! The cognac leather is more tan (matches the other tan purse I also ordered) and less orangy/red than it appears in their pics, which was a bummer. I wish the shoulder strap was wider and able to go shorter (it is the longest strap I’ve ever seen on a purse). Having said all that, it’s a great purse.Was this helpful?
- Berrit L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 25 - 34Standouts High-Quality Leather, Thoughtful Design, Keeps Me OrganizedRated 4 starsPerfect organization!
Love this bag and all the pockets to organize. The leather is beautiful. Ordered the neutral oat color - wished it matched the picture better - it’s more grey online and more yellow is real life. Also a thicket strap would be better - I bought one to replace it.Was this helpful?