Family Owned & Operated Since 1984
Redefining Everyday Essentials
Discover our collection of beautifully- designed leather essentials. Each piece embodies a bohemian aesthetic, breezy attitude, and independent spirit.
After three decades of working with leather, we've created heirloom-quality pieces that ripen with age. We hand-select each hide and use a unique blend of natural dyes so the natural character of each leather shines through.
Each Latico bag is handmade with love by talented artisans throughout South America and India. We're passionate about environmental sustainability and giving back — our leathers are byproducts of the meat and dairy industry that would otherwise go to waste.
Additionally, we donate 10 meals to Feeding America for every purchase made on our website. Thanks to our loyal customers, we've been able to donate 100,000 meals and counting to this incredible organization.
What Sets Us Apart
Crafted from 100% Genuine Leather
Affordable & Environmentally Conscious
About Our Founders
Founder and CEO Paul Schreiber started Latico Leathers fresh out of college in 1984. He began selling leather goods out of his trunk in NYC, and soon enough, specialty boutiques in Greenwich Village couldn't keep his merchandise in stock. Bands like the Grateful Dead eventually became fans of his genuine leather bags, and Latico grew into its identity as a leather goods company with a rock and roll twist.
Paul met his wife Lainie — an uptown girl with a New York fashion background — and the two launched a celebrated women’s line. The unique artisan linings, unexpected leather treatments, and extensive interior organization created during that time would come to define Latico’s signature style.
Today, our customers refer to us as their “one-stop shop” for quality leather goods. In fact, over 80% of our business comes from repeat customers. We can’t thank you enough for your ongoing support!
"Just as we've demonstrated our success in designing and manufacturing quality investment pieces, we've also achieved a high level of customer satisfaction by listening and responding to our loyal customers."
- Paul & Lainie Schreiber, Founders of Latico Leathers
Rugged meets refined design in this handcrafted leather star stitch pattern tote. Round and lightly padded top handles are comfortable on the shoulder and in the hand. Bag can be worn with an adjustable crossbody strap. Multiple pockets for storage, hidden phone pocket, + complete interior organizer. See Dalton, Cooper and Starstruck for larger versions.
- 100% Full-grain leather handcrafted by artisans in South America and India.
- Every hide is unique so you will notice natural variations in the grain texture and shading which are hallmarks of high-quality.
- Recessed top zip entry
- 2 rounded top handles and adjustable/detachable cross body strap 3/4” wide -27” max:13 1/2“ min. drop
- Exterior features laser cut and hand stitched detail with back zip pocket
- Interior features 2 slip pockets, hidden cell phone pocket with hidden magnetic snap closure and organizer: zip pocket, 4 credit card slots, slit pocket and 3 pen holders
- Cotton Twill lining
- Dimensions: 10 X 2 X 11
- Latico handcrafts timeless leather goods that get better with age and wear. A signature sheen and antiquing effect called patina is formed over time by simply being worn, exposed to the elements or handled.
Free Standard US Shipping on Every Order. Upgraded Shipping options available like UPS Ground, Two Day, and next day.
We do our best to ship within 2 business days (excluding holiday closures) -- Orders are processed and shipped from New Jersey. We accept returns within 30 days.
30k+ 5-Star Reviews
Free US Shipping
2020 Handbag Award
Best Designer Worldwide
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING...
- Ruth K.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 starsBeautiful chic bag!
Beautifully made crossbody and tote bag made of leather. Quality is obvious, and I always receive praises. It's my favorite handbag and the most ideal leather bag I've ever owned.Was this helpful?
- tracyVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 starsPerfect
Love everything about this bag. Wonderful!Was this helpful?
- kathleenVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 starsReally nice bag
Beautiful bag. I would not hesitate to buy another bag from this company.Was this helpful?
- LorraineVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 starsLovely color
Nothing to dislike about this bag. It does the job and is versatile as wellWas this helpful?
- DORISVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 starsBeautiful tote!
I love how classy it looks and use it as my weekend tote. It truly completes my outfits. I am really pleased with this, my second tote bag from Latico.Was this helpful?