Family Owned & Operated Since 1984
Redefining Everyday Essentials
Discover our collection of beautifully- designed leather essentials. Each piece embodies a bohemian aesthetic, breezy attitude, and independent spirit.
After three decades of working with leather, we've created heirloom-quality pieces that ripen with age. We hand-select each hide and use a unique blend of natural dyes so the natural character of each leather shines through.
Each Latico bag is handmade with love by talented artisans throughout South America and India. We're passionate about environmental sustainability and giving back — our leathers are byproducts of the meat and dairy industry that would otherwise go to waste.
Additionally, we donate 10 meals to Feeding America for every purchase made on our website. Thanks to our loyal customers, we've been able to donate 100,000 meals and counting to this incredible organization.
What Sets Us Apart
Crafted from 100% Genuine Leather
Affordable & Environmentally Conscious
About Our Founders
Founder and CEO Paul Schreiber started Latico Leathers fresh out of college in 1984. He began selling leather goods out of his trunk in NYC, and soon enough, specialty boutiques in Greenwich Village couldn't keep his merchandise in stock. Bands like the Grateful Dead eventually became fans of his genuine leather bags, and Latico grew into its identity as a leather goods company with a rock and roll twist.
Paul met his wife Lainie — an uptown girl with a New York fashion background — and the two launched a celebrated women’s line. The unique artisan linings, unexpected leather treatments, and extensive interior organization created during that time would come to define Latico’s signature style.
Today, our customers refer to us as their “one-stop shop” for quality leather goods. In fact, over 80% of our business comes from repeat customers. We can’t thank you enough for your ongoing support!
"Just as we've demonstrated our success in designing and manufacturing quality investment pieces, we've also achieved a high level of customer satisfaction by listening and responding to our loyal customers."
- Paul & Lainie Schreiber, Founders of Latico Leathers
Sophisticated + compact, this flatpack features interior + exterior pockets and zippers exactly where you need them. Signature hidden cell phone pocket. Workday to weekend, wear it hands-free as a compact crossbody or as a backpack by adjusting the strap.
- 100% Full-grain leather handcrafted by artisans in South America and India.
- Every hide is unique so you will notice natural variations in the grain texture and shading which are hallmarks of high-quality.
- Top handle-2 1/2” drop and ¾” wide removable adjustable/detachable backpack strap
- Exterior front: 3 sided zip principal entry,3 sided zip front pocket w/hidden phone pocket
- Exterior back: Adjustable options so bag can be worn as crossbody or backpack
- Interior features 5 credit card slots, 3 pen holders, back wall zip pocket, 2 open slip pockets
- Fabric lining
- Dimensions: 11.5"H x 3"D x 10.5"L
- Latico handcrafts timeless leather goods that get better with age and wear. A signature sheen and antiquing effect called patina is formed over time by simply being worn, exposed to the elements or handled.
Free Standard US Shipping on Every Order. Upgraded Shipping options available like UPS Ground, Two Day, and next day.
We do our best to ship within 2 business days (excluding holiday closures) -- Orders are processed and shipped from New Jersey. We accept returns within 30 days.
30k+ 5-Star Reviews
Free US Shipping
2020 Handbag Award
Best Designer Worldwide
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING...
- Diane M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 45 - 54Standouts High-Quality Leather, Durable, Buttery Soft Leather, Keeps Me Organized, StylishRated 5 starsLOVE THIS BAG
This is the perfect size...super soft and amazing quality. It is well worth the price.Was this helpful?
- Bonnie G.Verified BuyerI do not recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64Standouts High-Quality LeatherRated 2 starsI really really wanted to love this, but I don't...
I am generally a fan of latico products, but this backpack really frustrates me. I was looking for something that I could bring on trips and when walking around the city. I thought long and hard about what I was looking for and I thought I found it with the Aleks, but I've worn it a few times now and it's definitely not. Plusses: quality leather, color
Minuses: There's only one zipper pull for each opening (and it ends on the side). Every time I need to access something, I have to take it off (and usually lay it on a table or the ground) to access the zipper. When I go to put it back on, I have to hold the top handle, so the whole bag doesn't drop to the opposite side. It's an ordeal every time. Also, I do try to access something while it's on my back, I always am opening the wrong compartment. Finally, it's a tad small. I would not recommend this bag and am frankly surprised at all the great reviews...Was this helpful?
- DoreenVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 starsAmazing
Love this backpack! I bought it for a trip to Denver and it was perfect.Was this helpful?
- ElizabethVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 starsLove this backpack!
The cutest bag ever, comfortable and comes exactly like the picture!.Was this helpful?
- Anna L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 starsArt
I bought this piece of art and I am amazed by how many people stop me to ask where I bought it. lolWas this helpful?